- Please keep dogs on leash at all times on the property until staff takes them into the secure play area.
- When you first get here, you will be greeted loudly at the fences by the different packs as you pull in– please don’t pet the dogs through the fence or get them more excited than they already are to see you! Some of the dogs will be very vocal when we have visitors to the property as it is also their “home turf” on the days they attend.
- For your initial visit to Country Canine Retreat, we ask that an appointment is made via email or telephone.
- Dogs MUST not exhibit dog on dog or people aggression. If your dog is fearful and needs time to get comfortable in a group setting, we are equipped to do a slow introduction over the day or several visits as needed. If you are unsure of how your dog will behave in a group setting, please contact us for an evaluation for your dog.
- Spay/Neuter: we require all new dogs over the age of 6 months to be spayed/neutered in order to be accepted. For dogs that have joined CCR as puppies prior to 6 months of age, we will continue to accept them for care until a) for females – any inclination a heat may be beginning (based on both staff assessment and the behaviour of your pups pack members – often our boys let us know well in advance of any physical signs), and b) for males until we begin to see the undesired behaviours that can accompany the onset of hormones for adolescence. We find most males will start to exhibit these behaviours before 8 months, though we will always keep you informed of your dogs individual needs.
- Our Vaccination policy is here.
Please note that due to recent changes with our insurance and breed policy, we are currently unable to accept dogs that are all or appear to be primarily of the breeds American Pit Bull Terrier, Pit Bull Terrier, American Bully, Bull Terrier, Cane Corso and Staffordshire Terrier. We know that these breeds of dogs make fantastic, loving family members and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience our having to implement this policy may cause.
If your dog is a mix of less than 50% of these breeds (either by known parentage or appearance), please feel free to call us to set up an evaluation for your dog.
Past and current clients of CCR are still welcome to attend regardless, this policy will only impact new attendees.